Since I was a kid I've always had an interest in technology, breaking apart old radios, watching Star Trek and playing with computers. The first time I programmed was on a MSX Sony hitbit computer, creating simple games, experimenting with graphics, it was fun! After that I owned a P2000T, Commodore 128 and eventually a regular PC. Always coding in some BASIC variant.
One of the more successful programs I made many years ago was Easy Photo Effects, created in PureBasic. Downloaded several 1000 times and featured in two offline magazines including ComputerBild.
Some of the benefits of blockchain technology:
- Immutable, data cannot be altered once stored on chain.
- Decentralized, no single ownership and always available.
- Trust, the code is available. No need to trust an intermediary.
- Reduced cost, efficient in performing transactions and sharing data.
- Speed, transactions can be made in seconds using a PC or mobile device.
- Control and security, users can control their own wallets instead of having funds at a bank.
Blockchain is a world that continues to grow and becomes more relevant every day.